Get good protection with the right insurance
Service you can trust
Whatever you drive, you have a lot riding on those wheels: your loved ones and your peace of mind. Choosing the right auto insurance can help protect you from the risks of the road. At Travelers Canada, we’ll work with you from the start to help protect you wherever you go.
Yes, we insure that
We insure a number of types of vehicles:
- Private passenger auto A personal-use vehicle, which may be used for pleasure, commuting, personal business, etc.
- Classic A vehicle that is between 15 and 30 years old and in very good condition. It has collector value and is not used for commuting
- Antique A vehicle that is more than 25 years old and used strictly for show purposes. It should be plated with a historical vehicle licence plate
- Motor Home A vehicle designed for recreational travel and is not a principal residence
- Recreational Off-road, 4-wheel all-terrain vehicles; snowmobiles; and personal-use utility or camper trailers
No matter what you drive, we have you covered
We offer extensive coverage for your car and recreational vehicles, with optional coverage available for physical damage, increased liability and accident benefits.
When you have an auto policy from Travelers Canada, your coverage is backed by an extra measure of security our Repair Satisfaction Guarantee. It promises that in the event of a claim, we will not rest until you are satisfied with the quality of the repairs we arrange for your damaged property.
Should you make a claim, we will be there for you. Our claim emergency service is open 24/7 and we will contact you within four business hours of receiving a notice of a new claim.
Ways to save
You may be eligible for saving if any of the following apply to you:
- You have completed driver training
- You have a clean driving record (no convictions in the past three years and no at-fault accidents in the past six years)
- You are retired (Ontario only)
- You are insuring more than one car with Travelers Canada
- You have a child with limited access to the insured automobile while attending school, college or university
You are insuring both your home and car with Travelers Canada (where applicable)
Get a quote
Be confident in your insurance choices. Contact your broker to get a quote from Travelers Canada. Don t have a broker? Find a Travelers Canada broker near you .
What’s covered in an auto policy?
Most auto policies include the following as mandatory coverage up to certain limits:
- Liability Your legal responsibility for use, operation or ownership of your vehicle to others on the road. Provincial minimum limits may vary
- Accident benefits The medical limits that will cover you and the occupants of your car if you are in an accident involving an automobile. They include medical rehabilitation, income replacement benefits and more
- Uninsured motorist Protection if you are involved in an accident with a vehicle that is not insured
The following coverages are optional and subject to certain limits:
- Collision Coverage for physical damage losses to the vehicle from impact with another vehicle, object or road surface from a rollover
- Comprehensive Coverage for losses resulting from theft, fire, vandalism, glass breakage, falling objects and more
- Loss of use This covers you for losing access to your vehicle while it is being repaired due to a claim. Under this coverage, you can rent a car temporarily to replace your damaged vehicle
Personal insurance policies are underwritten by The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company, part of Travelers Canada. We do not currently offer personal insurance in Quebec.
Car insurance that fits your life
For a quote call: 1.844.240.9777
*Ontario residents only
Winter tire discount
Winter tires give you better traction when driving in ice and snow, and help make our roads safer for everyone. If you live in Ontario you may be eligible for our winter tire discount. Current policyholders can request this discount now, and it will be applied when your policy renews in 2016.
Safeguard your most valuable asset.